FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How many deer am I allowed to harvest?
- How many deer can a youth hunter take?
- Will the bag limit for a youth hunter change the number of deer an adult can harvest?
- Can I hunt with a Cross Bow?
- What is the cost to bring a non hunter/significant other with me?
- How many Acres do you have available to hunt?
- How much is a youth hunt?
- Can I bring two youths along with me?
- Are there any trophy fees?
- Are there any hidden fees?
- Can I bring my own stand?
- What are your minimum requirements in regard to antler size?
- What are the requirement for hunter education courses?
- Do you offer quantity discounts for group hunts?
- Do you run game cameras prior to the hunt so hunters can have some idea of what is using a particular farm?
- Do you have discounts for active military?
1.Each adult hunter can take a one buck during rifle season and one buck and one doe during bow or crossbow season. The last three days you can take buck and a doe.
2. The bag limit for Youth hunters is the same as adult hunters.
3. No. A youth hunter’s bag limit does not affect the bag limit of the paid adult parent or guardian.
4. Yes. You can hunt with a cross bow during a portion of the archery season.
5. We charge $150 to cover food and lodging for each non hunter who wishes to accompany you in camp. This includes non hunting children, wives, significant others & camera men.
6. We lease several area farms. The total number of acres on these farms exceeds 2800.
7. A youth hunter in Kentucky is someone who is 15 years old or younger. One youth hunter can hunt for free with an accompanying, paid adult hunter. They must room together and hunt from the same stand per Kentucky law.
8. You can only have a single free youth hunt per paid adult. Arrangements for additional youth hunters can be made provided we can get an adult to accompany them on the stand. There is an additional charge in this case.
9. Rock River Whitetails does not charge any trophy fees.
10. No there are no hidden fees whatsoever. You are free to tip your guide but it is not required.
11. Yes you are free to bring your own stand. Each hunter who hunts from an elevated stand is required to wear a safety belt or safety harness of some sort. We have extra safety harnesses available.
12. You are free to harvest any buck, regardless of the size of it’s antlers, . You are only allowed to harvest a single antlered buck deer per season in Kentucky. This is Kentucky law and is strictly enforced. You can get more information regarding Kentucky hunting regulations HERE.
13. The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources’ Hunter Education regulation requires anyone born on or after January 1, 1975 and age 12 or older to have a hunter education course completion card in their possession while hunting, as well as the appropriate Kentucky hunting license.
14. For groups of 4 paid hunters on 5 day rifle or muzzleloader hunts we will discount each hunt by $150 bringing the total cost of a $1500 hunt to $1350 per person. A deposit of $250 is still required for each paid hunter. The discount does not apply until and unless all 4 hunters are paid in full.
For Example: If you book four hunters for your group but only three end up going, the discount does not apply.
15. Yes we run a series of game cameras so our hunters can have some idea of what the activity is like on their farm.
16. Yes we have a discount for active military. Please call 256-566-7021 for additional information.